Design Tapping Fixtures for Aluminium Die Casting Body in Petrol Pump
B.Maharajan , Dr.S.Balasubramanian
Fixture in tooling industry contributes more to improve economy of production. It ensures quality and quick transition of parts. A novel design on a fixture for tapping holes for complicated profile petrol pump body made of aluminium die casting material. The fabricated fixture used for trials. The time study conducted with samples and the results we compared with manual cycle time. Improvement in reduced cycle time shown 50% and the rejection quantity due to unmatured threads, shifting of axis and end damage are reduced 1/50 batch. Fixtures like this can adopt to the mass production components in automobile, Aeronautics and manufacturing units.
fixtures, aluminium, tapping, production
1. Michael stampfer “Automated setup and fixture planning system for box – shaped parts” International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology 45: 540 DOI 10.1007/s00170-009-1983-1, 2008
2. Shrikant. V.Peshatwat, L.P.Raunt “Design and development of fixture for eccentric shaft: A review” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 Vol. 3, Issue 1, February 2013.
3. Nirav P. Maniar, D. P. Vakharia and Chetan M. Patel, “Design & Manufacturing With Modeling, Dynamic Balancing & Finite Element Analysis Of Rotary Fixture For CNC Turning Centre To
4. Function As HMC”, ASME Early Career Technical Journal, Vol. 8, pp. 86-93, 2009.
5. Nirav P. Maniar, D. P. Vakharia and Chetan M. Patel, “Design & Manufacturing With Modeling Of Multi Component–Single Hydraulic Fixture With 10 Cylinders & Expandable Uniforce Clamp For Machining Earthing Terminal Block on CNC - VMC 430”, ASME Early Career Technical Journal, Vol. 8, pp. 118-123, 2009.
6. Amar Raj Singh Suri and A.P.S. Sethi, “Development of Gear Hobbing Fixture Design for Reduction in Machine Setting Time”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 2, Issue 10, pp 417-419, 2012.
7. T. Papastathis, O. Bakker, S. Ratchev and A. Popov, “Design Methodology for Mechatronic Active Fixtures with Movable Clamps”, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol. 3, pp. 323-328, 2012.
8. L. Sabri, S. Mezghani, M. El Mansori and H. Zahouanic, “Multiscale study of finish-honing process in mass production of cylinder liner”, An International Journal on the Science and Technology of Friction, Lubrication and Wear, Vol. 271, pp. 509-513, 2011.
9. WassanaiWattanutchariya, “Bonding fixture tolerances for high-volume metal microlamination based on fin buckling and laminae misalignment behavior”, (2007)
10. F. Mervyn, A. Senthilkumar, S.H. Bok, A.Y.C. Nee, “Development of an Internet-enabled interactive fixture design system”, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore.(2009) 11. K. Nagai, T. Yamaguchi, “Experiments on chaotic vibrations of a post-buckled beam with an axial elastic constraint”, Gunma 376- 8515, Japan.(2010)
[B.Maharajan , Dr.S.Balasubramanian (2016) Design Tapping Fixtures for Aluminium Die Casting Body in Petrol Pump IJIRCST Vol-4 Issue-6 Page No-167-174] (ISSN 2347 - 5552). www.ijircst.org
Department of Mech. Engineering, SNS College of Engineering, Coimbatore, India, Mobile +91-9865108316