Heuristic Walkthrough Usability Evaluation of Electronic Health Record with a Proposed Security Architecture
Prajakta Pawar , Sushopti Gawade
There currently appears to be concerted efforts at national (HSE) Regional (EU) and international (WHO) level to promote the replacement of paper-based record systems with electronic health record systems (EHR) for improved efficiency and effectiveness of management of patients’ records. However, one of the areas of slow evolution is our healthcare system. With the recent developments in information and communication technology, healthcare is constantly undergoing changes, with new medical technologies, business models and research findings. It has evolved as a new data-centric, more precise, productive, accurate and timely system which can make the difference of life and death in acute situations known as Electronic Health Records (EHRs). This paper studies existing architecture of EHR and draws security flaws in it. The paper has tried to overcome the flaws and has proposed an architecture of EHR.
1. Usability Evaluation of Electronic Health Record, 2012 Rui Pereira, J´ulio Duarte, Maria Salazary, Manuel Santosz, Jos´e Neves, Ant´onio Abelha and Jos´e Machado
2. HCI Issues in Healthcare IT Ann Fruhling Information Systems & Quantitative. Analysis University of Nebraska, 2012 – Omaha Omaha, NE 68182-0500 email@example.com
3. A Brief Survey : Usability in Healthcare Saphina Mchome, Shelly Sachdeva, Subhash Bhalla Graduate Department of Computer and Information Systems, University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan.m5131203, d8111107, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Electronic Records Overview – NIHNCRR – National Institutes of Health National Centre for Research Resources, April 2006
5. EHR Usability Toolkit: A Background Report on Usability and Electronic Health Records Prepared for: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 540 Gaither Road Rockville, MD 20850.
6. The Importance of Usability in Electronic Health Records, Core Solution’s whitepaper
[Prajakta Pawar, Sushopti Gawade (2014), Heuristic Walkthrough Usability Evaluation of Electronic Health Record with a Proposed Security Architecture, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer Science & Technology (IJIRCST), Vol-2, Issue-1, Page No-24-28], (ISSN 2347 - 5552). www.ijircst.org
Pillai’s Institute of Information Technology, Panvel, University of Mumbai,India,(e-mail: email@example.com)